Teeth Whitening Light Kit
Teeth whitening light kits are all the rage, but how do you find the right one for you? It’s important that you do your research when looking for a teeth whitening kit as there are a lot of copies of North American brands from overseas circulating the market. Here are a few tips to help guide you with your search:
- Know your gel! What is the active ingredient?
- Hydrogen peroxide – is the fastest acting whitening ingredient, it breaks down faster than carbamide peroxide, which means it releases most of its bleaching power within 60 minutes. In its entirety, this is typically used by dentist or hygienist in a controlled environment due to gum irritation and hyper sensitivity.
- Carbamide Peroxide – most home whitening products will use carbamide peroxide. Carbamide peroxide breaks down slowly into hydrogen peroxide and urea. This accounts for hydrogen peroxide being approximately 1/3 of its original concentration. So a 12% carbamide peroxide gel is equivalent to about a 4% hydrogen peroxide gel.
- Sodium Bicarbonate- aka baking soda can only remove surface staining, it will not be able to remove deeper set stains, but it typically does not cause sensitivity. This is not a good option if you are looking to drastically whiten your teeth.
- What is the peroxide concentration?
- Where is the gel made? Is it registered with your country’s health authorities?
- How powerful is the teeth whitening light?
A teeth whitening light won’t whiten your teeth on its own, it’s the gel that whitens your teeth, and the teeth whitening light accelerates the process. The problem is, most teeth whitening lights does not generate enough power in order for it to make a difference. The LED whitening tray used in our Power whitening kit has 16 lights and 3x more powerful than the average LED teeth whitening trays.